Thursday, April 2, 2009

Calipari Is Impressive

John Calipari was introduced yesterday as the head coach at Kentucky. He's obviously an impressive coach, as he's taken both UMass and Memphis to the National Championship.

What I realized though watching his press conference is he's also a very impressive person. Watch the press conference, and feel free to comment if you feel the same way.





I have been to many press conferences in my time covering sports. The only other press conferences that gave me the same feeling were seeing Tim Brewster, the University of Minnesota football coach at Big Ten Media Day in 2007, and also Jim Tressel, the head football coach at Ohio State that same day.

Add Calipari to the list. What an impressive guy. I hope he does well at UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment